Monday, January 9, 2012

Gesture/figure drawings every day!























Doing gesture drawings every day.  Though.. uhh.. I don't remember what I did yesterday. TODAY though.. TODAY has been a success!  The ratio of bad to good drawings has gotten better;  a.k.a. I spent very little time being frustrated by completely horrible drawings..  I call that a success!

I am starting to feel the motion of each stroke I lay down.. now if only I could stop doing that teeny tiny sketchy line malarky.. and maybe stop giving all the girls big butts.

http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php  is what I'm using for reference.

Also some easy linkage to the books that are helping me recreate the action in each pose:

1 comment:

  1. Thats a cool website! And I definitely see improvement in your drawings! Curvaceous lines for the win!

    ReplyDelete