Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lighting Week 1: Batties, deckers, and methuselah syndrome.

I find myself bouncing back and forth between moderately good and horribly bad paintings.  After the previous painting I moved onto the hobbit one, and I struggled with the color until I dropped that to black and white and worked from there.. and then that too I gave up on.

Then I started working on this bladerunner shot after reading James Gurney's Color and Light half-way through and taking notes.  By the end I was pleasantly surprised with what I had, but oh boy.. I found it kind of troublesome managing and keeping track of all the cool grays.


After that one I moved onto the next reference fairly quickly.  I chose a simple one because I wasted a bit of time and needed to finish these 5. lol.. This one turned out less than awesome.  It feels so flat.. and it's definitely unfinished.. but I don't know where to go next with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment