Sunday, January 27, 2013

Homeless man rips his business suit off and jumps out a window.

I'm too slow when it comes to finishing things.  I've got two animations to finish.. this month?  Can I make that promise?  Who knows.

I've kind of fleshed this idea out, finally.  It's not perfect.  From here on I could fix everything like shrinkage of characters and nonconsistent faces.  Make some awesome backgrounds.. figure out the colors, probably taking a page from the people that made Le Royaume or The Reward.

I've also got some sound design classes at coursera.org starting tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll make some music and sounds that'll be moderately okay.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work! Are you just teaching yourself to animate? i never had the push to go and draw a few frames for any project i wanted to start. fo fum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mostly self-taught. I've got a few animation books like the Animator's Survival Kit, Drawn to Life, Force: Dynamic life drawing for animators, and most recently one about special effects called Elemental Magic. For the most part I've only really skimmed the beginning of these books. lol

      I watched a lot of the Animator's Survival Kit dvds too (downloaded *cough*) They're Richard Williams giving lectures from the book accompanied by examples and animations.

      I struggle with finding the push too.. lol The only things I've finished have been lazy, brief, and in desperate need of more frames. And I have one project still waiting to be finished while I work on this one.

      Something I've always been told but always struggle with is that successful people don't necessarily wait for the push to come to them. I've been trying to get into a more productive mode in the morning, but.. the internet. lol

      I've been thinking about trying to do daily gesture drawings and walk cycles daily. The Animator's Survival Kit, if I remember correctly, says that if you can master the creation of walk cycles.. you can animate anything.. and the book is practically a bible on walk cycles. lol

      Delete