Sunday, May 22, 2011

Can't have success without a bit of SUCK.

April 21st?  DOOMSDAY?  DOOMSDAY SCHMOOMSDAY!  I've survived TWO apocalypses now!  Y2K COULDN'T TAKE ME OUT WITH  FALLING PLANES EITHER!

Anyways.

I've been following along with the Animator's Survival Kit and the dvd's.

I'm feeling really stiff while drawing with Flash and my drawing tablet.  As soon as I get my tax check, I'm going to order a cheap light table and some paper.  Hopefully get away from the computer.


  • Breaking some joints.  I'm quickly learning that I need to stop with my sketchy sketcherson style of drawing in Flash.  I don't think it's going to work terribly well for animation. lol  These actually require quite a few inbetweens.. some of which I had, but flash keeps crashing on certain undos.  What gives, yo?






I think one thing I've really been fighting this week is distraction.. and by fighting, I mean it's beating the hell out of me and I'm getting tired of it.  I'm not working on animating nearly as much as I should be, even though I am really excited when I think of having my own animations finished.  So, I think I just need to take the time to shut off the internet each day and force myself to finish something.

  • Now if you don't mind.. I'm going to shrink some of these Double Bounce attempts down so no one can see just how horrible they actually are!  A double bounce is when a character goes up twice in one step.  Usually you only go up or down once.. I think.







  • This is from the chapter in the book where they start creating their own walk animations by adjusting certain things.  Shoulders and hips oppose each other.  Chest is arched out.. the legs have broken joints.


No comments:

Post a Comment